Setting intention is to act and think in a way that brings about specific results. It is important to live consciously and be aware of the effects your actions will have on your intentions. Commitment is a necessary component to manifesting your intention.
Stating your intention is only effective for goals that apply to you as it is not ethical (or useful) to try to change the will or to influence the actions of another person.
We often become fixated on an outside person or thing to generate our happiness or security. This is very limited thinking. How often has a person you know said, “I’d be happy if I just [had a new car, house, job, relationship]?” After getting what they thought they wanted their lack or need still exists.
Before you commit to your intention, understand the true results of what you are calling to yourself. Start by exploring these questions:
- Do you want a new job, or is the essence of what you want is to feel fulfilled with your work?
- Do you want a million dollars or is the essence of what you want to have financial security for yourself and family?
- Do you want a relationship with a specific person, or is the essence of what you want is to feel loved, secure and fulfilled?
Explore each of the questions below once you decide the essence of your intention: Explore these questions
• Are you truly committed to what you want to manifest?
• Are you willing to release whatever is keeping you from manifesting the essence of your intention, even if it is a subconscious thought?
• Are you willing to live with the consequences of what you are manifesting?
• Are you willing to release expectations about how and where you manifestations will come about?
• Are you willing to be open to the trust and belief in your guides and in the power of transformation?
• Are you willing to accept that you are worthy for that which you desire?