Is life boring or overwhelming? Maybe it’s time for a review or even a shake up to get more balance and joy. Below are suggestions to become more committed to making choices about how you are living your life.
1. Pay attention to how and with whom you are spending your time and energy. You don’t have to answer every text or call from people who drain you. Decide if you are responding to “should” rather than what you want to do. You may not be able to eliminate everything that’s not fun, but by paying attention you can decide what can be eliminated. You will also become aware of how many pleasant and exciting things you are doing in your life. Pay attention!
2. Set your intention around what you want in your life and then allow the change that will make the intention a reality. That’s right; you need to change if you want things to be different. Do you want more fun, better health, or healthier relationships? If so, you need to set your intention and figure out how to make that intention become a reality. Maybe you need a sounding board to try out new ideas, a reading for a different perspective or a willingness to experiment with new ways of living.
3. Live creatively. Creativity opens new horizons, provides new insights and stimulates your senses. Creativity is doing things in a new way, be it cooking, art, music, business, problem solving, relationships or whatever. Children are creative because they figure out how to do things without knowing the rules. Let the child in you take over and forget the rules. Try breaking at least 1 rule a day for a week and see how free you become.
4. Expect and accept the unexpected. When you change the rules, pay attention, and make changes to create your intention, you can expect that things will be different in your world. New opportunities will become available. New people will appear in your life. New gifts will be given and received.
5. Say YES more often and be courageous enough to say NO. Huh? Learn to say yes to things that are fun and new. Learn to say yes to risk (a little risk to one person can be a big risk to another). Learn to say yes to gifts from other people. Have the courage to say no to obligations that don’t feed your soul or when your boundaries are intruded upon. When your idea of a good time is staying home and reading a book you don’t have to go out to prove you are a good sport.
Yes, there are some things you can’t change in your life, but making conscious, intentional decisions about those things you can change will lead you to a more dynamic present life.
|~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~|
Forgiving others, Healing Yourself: a workshop with Judyth
We all have someone in our life who we need to forgive. Forgiveness is NOT permission for the poor behavior to continue. Forgiveness is a way to release the energetic hold that person or situation has over you.
If there is a parent, ex-spouse, former friend, boss, sibling or other that you would benefit from forgiving, this is the class for you. Ultimately, the focus is to reclaim your power over yourself. More information in the August (2013) newsletter.